Bright

Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting started...

Well, I've finally done it! I've gotten off to a great start! I have lost a total of 5.5 pounds this first week. I have started running (and doing a lot of walking) and have been counting calories with the myfitnesspal app,which has been incredibly helpful. I can't say enough good things about it. The app allows me to track my caloric intake, add back in calories that I burned exercising, and track my weight loss...all while working along with my friends! I am able to see when they log in and follow their progress. This allows us to offer support and encouragement to one another and engage in a little friendly competition. It really may be what saves me!

I have also been trying to learn a lot about fitness and healthy eating. I have gone to the library and checked out books on running, clean eating, whole foods, and a few inspirational, self-help books! I am reading "Reshaping it All" by Candace Cameron Bure and it has already begun to shed a little light on my eating habits and WHY I eat the way I do. I have already learned not to focus on the "bad" things about myself, but to try and focus on what I love about myself. If I can concentrate on what I love about my body, I am much more inclined to take better care of myself! I am really hoping that the book will continue to enlighten me and assist me as I try to transform my life and learn to look at food and exercise in a whole new way.



The book suggests creating a list of incentives for weight loss...something that will encourage you to keep going. I can't seem to come up with anything! I have decided that I when I get to 35 pounds gone, I'd like to reward myself...but that's it. I can't think of with anything else. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment