Bright

Friday, April 13, 2012

Here We Go Again...


Well, I'm already overwhelmed and completely bewildered. Here I am, at the beginning of my journey and I have already met with a huge problem: I have no idea what to do or how to go about reaching my weight loss goals. I have tried all kinds of diets and exercise programs in the past. I would try and make an excuse and say that none of them worked, but that is simply not the case. I'm sure that they all would have worked, and probably pretty well, if I would have stuck with them. And there in lies the ultimate problem...I have an extraordinary inability to stick to diet and exercise programs. In fact, if there were some type of Olympic competition in this category, I'm certain that I would be up for the gold medal year after year. 

In thinking about my ultimate goal, I would really like to get to a place in my life where the word "diet" never comes to mind and the word "exercise" doesn't make me cringe. In order to accomplish this, I know that I must make permanent changes to my lifestyle and eating habits. That is truly the only way that I will make a lasting impact on my health and overall well-being. We all know that there are no quick fixes. I am fairly certain that I do not have the strength, or the will power, to go about just "eating healthy foods" and being "active". Therefore, I definitely need a plan...ideally, one that I will fall in love with and never dream of quitting! I am on the hunt for the perfect plan...I'll let you know what I come up with. I really want to do this right. I want to make this the last time I start and the first time I finish!



No comments:

Post a Comment