Bright

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Ugly Truth

So...here it is. The ugly truth. I'm fat. 

Sadly, I am not one of those "I embrace my curves and love my body anyway" types. In fact, I am just the opposite. I let this seemingly simple, yet somehow impossible to overcome, ugly truth define me. I allow it to rule all areas of my life and monopolize my thoughts. I allow it to interfere with my desire to participate in activities that I would otherwise love to do. I allow it to slowly whittle away at my self-confidence. I allow it to defeat me...every minute of every day.

I acknowledge that this may sound a little melodramatic to some of you. For others of you, it may sound regretfully familiar. For me, it is the unfortunate, horribly frustrating truth that I have come to know and hate.

Obviously, I have tried a number of diets and exercise classes to help me win the battle of the bulge and I always do really well at first. Then, for some reason, my enthusiasm begins to wane and I inevitably revert back to old and self-destructive habits.

It is truly my hearts desire to find a way to overcome this sad reality once and for all. I am starting this blog (my first ever) in order to hold myself accountable for making the necessary, positive changes that will eventually lead to a healthy, happy, NEW me! I am going to share with you my plans, my progress, and even my failures and setbacks. I am hoping that this blog will inspire others...but honestly...I just hope it inspires me!


No comments:

Post a Comment